Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tres Ojos (Garnacha)


Name: Tres Ojos
Variety: Old Vines
Region: ??
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $6.95


Winery review: Bright ruby color.  Primary dark berry aromas are simple but offer very good purity and focus.  Juicy blackberry and bitter cherry flavors are youthfully tangy, with good back-end acidity adding snap.  The clean, brisk finish leaves behind notes of sweet dark berry preserves and cracked pepper.


My review:  Wonderful bouquet.  Very creamy/buttery on the nose with elements of blackberry.  Completely disappointed with this wine's taste.  VERY DRY - the driest wine I have tried to date by far.  The girl next to me poured out the rest of this wine after taking a sip.  Had a smoky, creamy flavor that overall left a bad taste in my mouth.  I was really excited about trying this wine after smelling it, but was completely turned off after tasting.



I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment