Thursday, March 29, 2012

Oak Vineyards (Chardonnay)


Name: Oak Vinyards
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California (Napa/Sonoma Valley)
Country: United States
Year: 2010
Price: $5.95


Winery review: Quite an interesting Chardonnay, in an era when so many are too sweet and extracted.  There's plenty of orange and apricot fruit flavor, but also a brilliant streak of minerality, like a lick of cold steel, and the overall taste is dry.  Really easy to like, with lots of complexity to warrant repeated sipping.


My review:  This wine was a quite oaky and maybe even skunky on the nose.  The taste followed suit with the scent; very oaky, bitter, acidic and dry.  I did not enjoy this wine, and I can honestly say the only thing I agree with in the above review is that this wine was dry.  Not an enjoyable experience.



I tasted this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment